Monday, June 13, 2016

Baby Bear for Myah

I've had a wonderful time playing with the beautiful new Baby Bear stamps from Stampin' Up!

I needed to make a special card for a new baby Myah whose parents are family friends Mel and Dan. I couldn't find any Stampin Up papers that I loved for this project so I used a piece of paper from my before SU stash.  What do you think? Of course I had to make a special envelope card with my Envelope Punch Board and then wrap the present to co-ordinate too.  Fortunately there are lots Stampin' Up! products that I could use to match this paper.


Ok so then I got to thinking that I now have to create a full Stampin' Up! version of this card that I will do a workshop/class on very soon.

I don't know what this fun fold is called, I learnt it recently at a Craft Show.

Here is the second version


A side view to this lovely card and it stands up really well too.


I love it so much and I could picture the new Baby Bear stamp set and our Botanical Builder Flowers to compliment this card beautifully.  Sometimes my mind can see clearly a lovely card, and this is my completed creation.  Must say I do love this!

I tried a few colour combinations of the bears and this one uses Pink Pirouette as the layer 1, Pretty In Pink as layer 2 (this colour is retired now but you could use Blushing Bride instead)  The new In Colour Sweet Sugarplum as layer 3.  I like to reverse the layers when stamping, I find it easier to line up the layers starting with the darkest colour first.  If you are not aware, it is a three step stamp set. I have given the lovely bow a coat of clear Wink of Stella for a little sheen.

Now I had a few bears left over so I created this next card with the left overs.  The 3rd layer of the bear is Rich Razzleberry.


Now to decide what other new stamp set I am going to play with tonight!!  Decisions, decisions!

I've been working on a tutorial for the fun fold card but it wasn't easy to write, so I've done my best for you if you want to try it.  I will try to improve the instructions soon.
Here is my TAMS link as it is now

Until next time

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment